We make money through advertising – which makes this site free for you to use. We’ve adopted an advertising policy that works best for us and for you.
What you need to know
1) We will not sell your personal details to a third party – advertisers on our site may have access to your behaviour via cookies, but not your data.
2) We place ads based on where they perform best. If a page happens to sell lots of hosting services, we will advertise more hosting services on that page. That’s reasonable right?
3) We will not use behavioural targeting unreasonably. We won’t behaviourally target anything that might embarrass you, and you always have the option to opt out.
4) We do not allow auto-initiated sound. Ads are not allowed to have the sound switched on when the page loads. If you see an ad that does that, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off immediately.
5) We do not allow ads that make you download anything. If you see an ad that does that, please let us know and we will hunt it down and switch it off immediately.
Advertising has been rightly and wrongly demonised over the years, but it’s part of keeping the internet free, so working together we hope we can make it more reasonable for everyone.